Carcinoma Of The Vulva

Title

Carcinoma Of The Vulva

Creator

Hopkins M P; Nemunaitis-Keller J

Publisher

Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America

Date

2001
2001-12

Description

Vulvar cancer is relatively rare and accounts for 3% to 5% of all gynecologic malignancies. This malignancy usually is diagnosed in the elderly population, with the mean age in the late sixties, although it can be diagnosed in any age group. The pathologic cell type is usually squamous cell carcinoma, accounting for 85% of these malignancies. The remaining 15% are unusual or rare cell types. This article presents an overview of vulvar malignancies, including a discussion of etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathologic types, natural history spread of the disease, staging, and treatment.

Subject

cancer; gynecologic-oncology-group; malignant-melanoma; management; Obstetrics & Gynecology; pagets-disease; prognostic factors; radiation; squamous-cell carcinoma; survival

Format

Journal Article or Conference Abstract Publication

Search for Full-text

Users with a NEOMED Library login can search for full-text journal articles at the following url: https://libraryguides.neomed.edu/home

Rights

Article information provided for research and reference use only. All rights are retained by the journal listed under publisher and/or the creator(s).

Pages

791-+

Issue

4

Volume

28

Citation

Hopkins M P; Nemunaitis-Keller J, “Carcinoma Of The Vulva,” NEOMED Bibliography Database, accessed January 22, 2021, https://neomed.omeka.net/items/show/10227.

Social Bookmarking